All work and no play...  

Posted by ~Jill

Hey my ppl... not much going on here... but read away! 
Oh ya! on Sunday we was gettin' ready to leave for church and I was upstairs and heard my dog going absolutely NUTS in the back yard. I thought it was just a person walking by or something, but she was sure making a big deal out of it!
Well this is who the  "person" turned out to be...


5 longhorns had escaped from the ranch and were walking around pestering ppl... (On a SUNDAY OF ALL THINGS!!!) I was about to go get my lariat and herd them all back up the hill to where they belonged.  But my dad wanted to leave for church. MAN!!! So annoying... But you know, life is what happens while you're making other plans :)

weyall,
I've been working a lot recently... A lot of repairs, and some custom work, belts wallets, etc. The other day, I got a pile of repairs from 3H,so that was fun... one saddle with a busted horn...


 some horse went under something that it wasn't supposed too... MAN!!!! I hate taking those things apart... the tree was all splintered too..., because it was one of those synthetic western saddles...
so after some Gorilla glue, saddle nails, and some re-enforcing webbing, and a few wounds ... tada! good as new!!! ( I really impress myself sometimes...) Anyways... I also fixed a halter that our draft horse broke... Just because she wanted too. Yep, that would be our Daisy chain... Such a trickster!!!
at 8 yrs old she stands taller than my head... 

What else... Ah! a bridle... that one was a pain, but whatever the customer wants!!! Besides that, its been RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! 
I've been missing the rain...




 

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 opinions

Ooh, how lovely. :)

February 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM

very!!!

February 18, 2009 at 6:44 AM

WOW!! Those bulls are huge. I love the horn's.

Keep up the good work

Lucas

February 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Nique!!!!
Me love you!!
Cool pics!
:)
Rache

February 20, 2009 at 12:48 PM

What kind of horses do you have? I really want a horse, but things have not quite worked themselves out yet. I do have three mini horses and they are a hand full. Cleaning saddles and bridles is hard enough, I would not want to have to repair them!! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up!!

February 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Post a Comment